Trust

Benny has just completed his first session of swimming lessons. It's been a lot of fun playing and splashing in the water with him. Today he got to go down the slide for the first time. He loved it! By far his favorite thing to do is jump from the edge of the pool into our arms.

Watching him jump so freely really got me thinking about trust. He had no doubt in his mind that I would catch him as he lunged into the water. He had no fear. He had complete trust. Made me think of how well, or perhaps how not so well, we place our trust in God.
When God asks us to jump into a unknown situation, how ready and willing are we to do so? When He asks us to trust Him and believe His promises why is it that we so often are quick to retreat and shy away from putting our complete trust in him.

I am always challenged when I read the words of Hebrews 11. I want to have the faith of Noah who didn't question God in the face of what seemed so absurd. I want to have the faith of Abraham who trusted God with the unknown and the impossible. I want to have the faith of Moses who gave up all his wealth, riches, and privileges to follow God's plan for his life.

I want to be able to jump off the "edge of the pool" and know that my Daddy will catch me. May we all have that kind of faith and trust.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comments:

Darin Swanson said...

Wahoo Ben!

I have always liked Matthew 18: 2 - 4.
God gives all of us the natural ability to have faith and trust. We just get hard and jaded as we grow old.

Post a Comment