Comfort Zone

I have always appreciated the Casting Crowns song, "Voice of Truth". I especially appreciate the first verse.

Oh, what I would do
To have the kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown
Where Jesus is,
And he's holding out his hand

I enjoy the comforts of my life. It sometimes is a real challenge for me to step out of that zone to be where Jesus is. The song was kind of a theme song for our Mexico Outreach trip a couple of years ago.

This Sunday we are meeting with our 2007 Mexico Outreach team for our second training session. In the session we will be discussing different cultures and how entering into one different than ours requires us to step away from the life that we find comfortable, so that we may be with Jesus as He stands with those that are different than us, and in need of His touch.

In preparing for the session I came across this great Skit Guys video.



May we always be willing to "step out of the boat" and leave our comfort zone, to go and be where Jesus is.

3 comments:

Jeff Haynes said...

Wow those lyrics are spot on. Really makes me evaluate if I am stepping out of my comfort zone

Anonymous said...

That is sweet! I think I'll put that up on my mission blog. Very nice vid...

Way to go with the outreach training!

Stephanie said...

Wow - I was playing "Voice of Truth" and singing it at the top of my lungs when I checked your blog. Wierd moment. It's one of my theme songs!

Post a Comment