Family Pastor

For the last 7 and a half years I have served as Pastor to Students at our church and have enjoyed every bit of it. I have not only served as a youth pastor at The Grace Place, but have also done so at Westwood Community Fellowship in Milwaukie, OR, Pasaeo Del Rey Church in Chula Vista, CA, and Gladstone First Baptist Church in Gladstone, OR. I have given my life to discipling students and wouldn't want to trade it for anything. Now I move into a new position and ministry opportunity, one that will broaden my influence and allow me the opportunity to touch even more lives.

After a year of seeking the Lord as to who our next Children's Ministry Pastor would be the Lord has led us into a completely new paradigm, one in which His hand is all over, and one that has us all very excited. As of today I am no longer Pastor to Students but rather Family Pastor. I now have the opportunity to oversee our churches Christian Education program from nursery through high school. I won't be doing it alone though. As opposed to having only one person direct our Children's Ministry there will be a plurality of leaders. God has brought together a great team that I am excited to work with! While I will be giving oversight to the whole program, I have the privilege of serving and leading three other paid staff to accomplish this important task. Luanne Jaramillo will be leading our Nursery through Kindergarten ministry, Keli Pierce will lead our Elementary ministry (grades 1 through 5), Aaron Geist will lead our High School ministry, and I will stay directly involved with our Middle School ministry.

We are all eager to see what God has in store as we begin to dream big dreams and seek God as to what His plans are as we move into this new era of ministry. I value your prayer as I transition into this new chapter in my life.

7 comments:

Darin Swanson said...

Keeps us posted Brian so you can challenge us, we can challenge you and we all can pray for each other!

Adriel and Christina Henderson said...

Congrats Brian! This is an exciting opportunity that I'm sure you will love every minute of.

Anonymous said...

congratulations! should be a wonderful challenge, a new opportunity to stretch, change and grow...

I will pray for you today.

Rodney Olsen said...

It sounds like a wonderful opportunity and I look forward to hearing more as you move into the new position. Congratulations.

muzik said...

Congrats on the position!!! I think it's awesome when you have a family pastor to help and guide the different ministries that fall under your umbrella as well as the staff members.

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting back from Mexico and catching up on my blog reading. This was a great post to read. Congrats! I'm happy for you and your church.

tonymyles said...

Congrats on the shift, dude.

And I mean congrats only because you're being faithful.

Post a Comment