Pray

Last night our High School Ministry had our monthly Second Wednesday Worship. It was a powerful night of worship as we sought the Lord together in prayer.

I love the times of high energy and activity with our students, but I love just as much the times of quiet reflection and seeking of God. Last night was just one of those nights. One thing I know....we really ticked off our enemy, the devil, last night!

I enjoy very much corporately worshipping the Lord through song like we do so much of the time in church, but it is times like last night when we together as a community are seeking and worshipping God in many different forms at one time that I really get excited!

At any given time last night, at different prayer stations, students were praying for the needs of others in our group, were praying for our Compassion Children, were praying for our Mexico Ministries, were praying for the leadership of our church, were writing out prayers to the Lord, were confessing sin to God, were praying for upcoming events within our ministry, and praying for needs around the world in different countries.

I am convinced that we accomplished much last night. I want to be a better prayer. I want to seek the Lord in earnest prayer at all times, not just in times like last night. May we all remember that The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective (James 5:16).


"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14


1 comments:

Aaron Geist said...

It was truly wonderful.

Post a Comment