Make Some Noise

I remember as a child hearing the statement "Children are to be seen, and not heard." We're you ever told that? I didn't like hearing it then, and I especially don't like hearing it now. It certainly is not the sentiment we hear from Jesus.

I believe we as children of God, both in the grown up sense, and the youthful sense, are not only supposed to be seen, but are also to be heard, and heard loudly! Jesus even told us in Luke 19:40, if we keep quiet then the stones will cry out! He wants us to be heard! He desires that we make some noise for Him, in order to bring glory and recognition to His name.

To night the theme of our Second Wednesday Worship with our high school students is Make a Joyful Noise. Most of our 2W2s have been quite quiet and reflective in nature. Not to night. To night we rock, not just for the sake of being loud, but to be reminded that we are to make some noise in this world.

One of the songs we plan on singing is the David Crowder song "Make A Joyful Noise/I Will Not Be Silent" I like the line that says, "And I will not be silent, I will not be quiet anymore." There are too many silent Christians in this world. I don't want to be one of them. It is our prayer that in our time of "noisy" worship that we might be moved all the more to go out and make some noise.

The songs goes on to say,
The wind against my skin
Every ocean

Every sea

Every river

Every stream

Every mountain

Every tree

Every blade of grass will sing


Let's join in with the rest of creation and make a loud noise, for it is that noise that will cause our Lord to smile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment