Awareness

Life is busy. Life is too busy. I often feel like we get so drawn in by the business of life, and so focused on our worries, cares, and responsibilities, that we miss much of the beauty of life. There is much God has for us, and desires for us to notice and appreciate. One of the things I enjoy most about being the parent of a toddler is seeing life through his eyes.

My three year old son doesn't seem to miss much. He never misses the beauty of a flower or a squirrel scurrying along the fence. He never fails to stop and enjoy a passing train, or an interesting rock on the ground. He appreciates the "little" things in life, the things of life that we are so prone to miss. He reminds me that I need to take the time to slow down and smell the roses once in a while.

Watch this video and take the Awareness Test. You may be surprised! Let me know how you did.



May we never be so focused on the minutia that we miss the big picture God has for us.

HT to Rodney for the video.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit, I had to watch the first half of the video again to make sure they didn't trick me -- TOTALLY didn't see it. If they had made it a moonwalking fish taco, I might have noticed...

Post a Comment