Context

This takes using Scripture out of context to a whole new level. This from Glory Golf Balls.

Three Dunlop loco golf balls with a Biblical text on each -


• "...but each shall go straight ahead."
Ezekiel 46:9

• "Lift up your eyes on high and see...not one is missing."
Isaiah 40:26

• "I have finished the course. I have kept the faith."
2 Timothy 4:7


I'm not sure which bothers me more..... using Scriptue in the context of golf, smacking the Word of God with a club, or the thinking that as the "Glory Golf Ball" is flying through the air that someone just might see it, read it, and then give their heart to Jesus.

Hmmm.....

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

HT to Gman

2 comments:

Brian Vinson said...

I hope it's just someone with a kind of twisted sense of humor who just thought those golf balls would be funny...

Jon Knapp said...

Awesome post Brian!
Not sure whether to laugh or be offended. I guess when in doubt laugh!

Post a Comment