Trusting God

As I spent time alone with God this morning He had me in Psalm 13. David, the author, was amazing. In the midst of intense struggle and anguish, he kept his trust in his God.

There was a period in my life in which I was anguishing in the circumstances that God had me in. They seemed hopeless. Life seemed completely out of control. I recall the times in which I was tempted to thrust my fist at God in anger and just give up; to walk away from the God who allowed me to go through those days of sorrow. I am thankful I chose differently.

How long, O Lord?
Will you forget me forever?

How long will you hide your face from me?

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and
every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

I wondered some of those very things. I shared in David's struggle. When faced with pain, sorrow, and confusion we wonder where is God. Does He even care?

David's conclusion is beautiful.

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord for He has been good to me.

David did not thrust his fist at God, rather he placed his trust in Him. May we never forget that God is the potter and we the clay. His purposes are beautiful. His purposes produce glory when we allow Him to mold us into what He desires. May we always trust.

0 comments:

Post a Comment