Thankful for Grace

We sing about. We talk about. We read about it. I sure am thankful for it! I am thankful for God's grace and what it had done for me, and who it has made me.

I often dwell on my shortcomings. What a dumb thing to do, but do it none the less. I tend to dwell on my past sin, and even my present sin condition. I dwell on my weaknesses and all the things I think I don't do very well. But when I think on God's grace, man do I see things differently!

I am thankful that God has accepted me for who I am and what I am. I am thankful that He has chosen to use me, despite all my shortcomings, to be a part of the building of His kingdom. Wow! Why me?

As I read the Apostle Paul's writings I see that I am not alone.

For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. Whether, then, it was I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed. - 1 Corinthians 15:9-11

I'm in good company!

I appreciate the chorus of Todd Agnew's version of the song Amazing Grace.

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away

Thank you Jesus for your grace! Let it rain!

0 comments:

Post a Comment